Retro CRPG big boy, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous It just reached version 1.1 after several smaller patches since its release in September. Highlights of this update include improved turn-based combat, better performance and visuals in multiple locations, fixes for interacting with choices “such as some NPCs appearing where they shouldn’t be”, and better visuals for some NPCs. There are also changes to the management of the Crusades, including the option to take control of armies from the throne room instead of having to get out of the city each time like fools.
The update is a 14.2GB download on Steam and players on other platforms report that it’s too big for them, so obviously a fair bit has been included. While scrolling for a quick look, I notice that the units in my crusade look very different, making them easy to spot at a glance, and there’s a feather icon indicating scrolls in my inventory that contain spells I can learn, which is a blessing. The Full patch notes It’s a long read, but here are a few of the most interesting.
- Deran liked to stand on your bed after sex. Now he will take a more comfortable position
- The primitive pig may sometimes say the lines of your comrades, including those who are not in the group. That was creepy and fixed
- Candles no longer float in the air after Diran’s bathroom left the commander’s bedroom
- Excess minotaurs in Colyphyr Mines have been removed
- Venture-Captain Gristoff might panic during the Battle of Fleshmarkets and start killing demons who were important to the plot. Fixed, but not retroactive. If you have already encountered this problem, you will need to load a previous save
- Sometimes, when the commander went to the Greengates with the Arueshalae while searching for the devil’s heresy, the site was empty – fixed. We have brought back all the demons
- Glorious beard stills
- Beer element image added
If you’re running late until this patch to drop 100 hours or so on this old RPG, here are some of them Things you should know before you play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.