Correction notes for the first new world The update since its launch is here, and while the much-needed option to move characters across servers isn’t ready yet, according to Blog post, the foundation has been laid and “You may see items from this work in the in-game store.” Amazon says more information about how the feature works will be available “later this week when we release server transfers.”
Meanwhile, Update 1.0.1 is rolling out at 3AM PDT on October 6, and will include “some additional quality of life updates and bug fixes to ensure that once players enter Aeternum, they can play and progress as intended.”
The AFK system has been revised, and will now apparently prevent players from tricking it by simulating mouse movement. The AFK disconnect time has been shortened from 25 minutes to 20 as well. Performance in war must be improved by changing the ballistics of the turret, making it tunable rather than physically simulating. There is also a new confirmation screen for when you try to leave the global queue, so you don’t get out by accident.
The list of bug fixes is actually quite long. here they are.
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interaction key to not work properly on different objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue that caused the barrel to not appear in the ‘Pirate Situation’ expression.
- Fixed an issue where players would not get reward currency from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting fast travel could cause a player character to become stuck inside the house.
- Fixed an issue with permanent area rewards where some translated text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players would be asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, even though they had already earned the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Game crashes related to New World Twitch integrations have been fixed. The integrations have been re-enabled in this update.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could get into a state where they couldn’t get most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the event abandonment notification would still appear after a player left the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Reverend Walsh to spawn aggressively at Walsham’s Point of Interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to reappear slower than intended in Something to Prove.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could do a respawn at Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing journal information about the recommended mission level for players trying to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the ‘Blessings of Earth’ quest when receiving any of the blessings would prevent progress in the main story quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” quest would not be available to players if they first completed other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the ‘Goodwill Squashing’ quest would prevent the player from obtaining the ‘Arruda Jam’ quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light could enter a state where quests could not be obtained from the garden bell.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” quest would prevent the player from obtaining the “Predator and Prey” and “Great Expectations” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the ‘Curse of Ebony Hawk’ quest would prevent the player from getting the ‘Bond’s Gambit’ quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Expedition to Saircor” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “One Threat at a Time” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the Earth Force quest prevents the player from obtaining the Fading Lights and Azure Tears quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completion of the Faces of Light and Darkness quest prevents the player from obtaining the quests, “Down into Frozen Slumber” and “Turn Iron to Dust”.