distance Elimination of all the sons of Dano’s servants, You will receive a mission called “Amber Sun”. You are tasked with visiting Deirdre at her cottage. She will then present you with a combination that will allow Eivor to travel into a dark world to fight Balor, a demon from Irish mythology. Here we have it Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Priests’ Wrath Guide to help you defeat Balor and get the spear of Gae Bolg.
NB: For more information, you can check our website Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Handbooks and axes features Base of the game And the expansion. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Priests’ Wrath – Defeat Balor and get to Jay Polge’s spear
If you choose to accept Deirdre’s potion, Ivor will appear in the Balor world. This is a small combat zone surrounded by several columns. It is very Evil spirits-Yesky somehow.
Balor himself is a towering figure. He’s definitely taller than the well-known wrestler Finn Balor, and he wears no body paint to boot.
The president has several bad attacks:
- Triple Slash – Regular Balor attack is a combination of three strokes.
- Aerial Dive – Balor will jump into the air and dive straight into Ivor.
Try to avoid these attacks to temporarily slow down time. You should be able to get very few traffic.
Once a third of Balor’s health points are exhausted, he will gain new abilities:
- Flaming Sword – Balor will charge his swing and cause the flame to explode in a straight line.
- Demon Circle – Balor will strike the Earth with his mighty sword and a blue circle will appear. Get away from this quickly because the flame will be erupting from the ground.
- Cyclops Laser – Balor will reveal his single eye, and shoot a laser that will follow the Eivor around.
These abilities can be avoided, but be careful. If you try to avoid the Demonic Circle hit for a slow effect, you can swipe the Balor a few times. Just make sure to walk away before the ground explodes.
Most of Ivor’s melee abilities won’t work for Balor. You will either see the throw and attack animation will be missed completely, and the transition will not be complete (eg, you cannot drag it with a Harpoon Impalement), or Eivor will do something else (for example, Vikingr Salute will only do one kick).
You can try to keep your distance and use your arrows (the death mark and lightning focus is already effective). However, make sure you can quickly dodge if Balor does air diving, blazing sword, or laser cyclops abilities. With a little luck, you should be able to completely drop his health.
After defeating Balor, you’ll find yourself outside of Deirdre’s hut once again. Assuming you are defeated The last president at Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Priests’ Wrath, Deirdre will even comment on your decision.
Oh, and check your inventory because you’ll get Gae Bolg as a reward for defeating Balor. The spear has the following effects:
- Lightning stuns your enemy after three consecutive hits.
- Lightning causes damage to health and stuns.