Destiny 2’s exotic weapons have a coveted atmosphere that surrounds them, and Hawkmoon is no exception. Back in the first game, this hand cannon can pack dangerous punches, especially if you hit precision strikes or kill enemies with them. Then there is the last shot in the room which gets a cumulative bonus that can deal more than 20,000 points of damage with one hit, if you’re skilled enough.
Before you read on, note: there will be Fate 2 spoilers ahead. This strange weapon takes a large number of steps to find. You’ll need to find a whole bunch of golden feathers hidden across both planets and moons, navigate challenging platform sections, and take on grueling challenges to impress the crow – the giver of missions for this odd weapon mission.
To help you acquire this powerful weapon, we’ll go through all the steps you need to take to acquire the Hawkmoon Hand Cannon, along with details on what this exotic weapon is, the perks associated with it, and the best places to plant for challenge requirements.
What is Hokemon?
Hawkmoon is one of the Destiny 2’s alien weapons. It’s a handy cannon that you can get from a mission that comes with the core ‘Paracausal Shot’ theme. What this does is create piles of Paracausal Charge whenever I take a final or precise blow with any of the first seven rounds in the room.
When the eighth shot is fired into the magazine, it will deal additional damage depending on the number of piles. Note that storing Hawkmoon in the last round will remove the bonus, so be sure not to do that.
Outside of that, it has a fairly good effect, handling and stability, but lower reload speed and range to compensate for it. It will fire around 140 rounds per minute and has eight shots in the magazine.
It also has the following weapon perks:
- Articulated rifleSlightly increases range, stability and handling speed.
- Slug MagazineFaster reloads when the journal is empty.
- Transformative: Future drops of this weapon will have random turns.
- Soft grip: Slightly increases stability and handling speed.
Cry from behind
The first step that you need to complete in order to get the Hawkmoon in Destiny 2 is to go and watch Spider in the Tangled Shore. Next, you will need to find the five golden feathers to complete this step of the mission.
- Tangled Beach – Spider’s Lair: Outside the lair of the spider. It is the highest transformer just outside the entrance.
- Sludge – European dead zoneHead to where the lost Hallowed Grove strip will be. There you will see a tin building just a few lonk on the opposite hill. Jump up and climb through the hole on the side to find feathers on the ground.
- Steppe – Cosmodrome: When you spawn in the area, head immediately to the destroyed building. At the top of the blown shaft a feather is sandwiched between the steel-reinforced rods.
- Divalian Fog – City of Dreams: Head to the huge door near Blind Well. To the left arch of the feather giant door. This is where you’ll find the start of the Last Wish raid.
- The shelter – the moon: Head to the Oryx Shrine via the Archer’s Line drop zone. From the start, drive to the left and follow the road until you see an open steel gate on your right. Turn right and walk through it and you will reach the entrance to the cave. From the entrance, descend until you reach the Hall of Wisdom. Circle around and to the left, avoiding enemy explosions. Head into the tunnel in front of you and follow it as it wraps around the entrance to the Oryx Shrine. Continue forward until you reach the large structure in the middle. Near the door where you were hiding during the Nightmare Hunts, you’ll find a feather.
Related: Verify Destiny 2 Beyond Light Review
Let your claws loose
Return to Crow in Tangled Shore to receive feathers. You will then be required to complete a mission in European Deadzone. Nothing particularly noticeable except that you’ll eventually interact with Hawkmoon’s doll, which is the Golden Crow.
The next step is to generate 50 balls of energy. Head over to Blind Well and start killing enemies in this area. One run should get you enough orbs to complete this step. Go back to Crow and it will ask you to investigate some of the coordinates in European Deadzone. During this part of the mission, there are golden feathers to collect again, but these feathers are marked.
Collect them all and return to crow. You will then be required to have up to 100 Guardians kills or about 34 Heroes (each contribute 1% or 3% respectively to the tally). Empire Hunts is a great place to kill a farm hero – the difficulty of Dark Priestess on Hero is especially good for this.
Crow and hawk
Head to the European Deadzone District again to follow the road to the Shard District. This will take some intense and narrow platforms so watch your step. Keep tracking the Golden Crow, be wary of the hatches, and you’ll eventually find a room with a big black ball. Fight the enemies, and kill the helpers to strip the barrier.
In the end, after taking out some bosses here, they’ll drop down the strange hand-held Hawkmoon. If you are looking for other exotic weapons we have the steps to find all of them 2 Pieces blade strange lament the fate of 2 And their locations, or Destiny 2 Cloudstrike the strange game For those who prefer to use sniper rifles.